Due to COVID-19 shelter-in-place requirements and changing medical practitioner priorities, PG&E customers can now self-certify their eligibility to enroll in the Medical Baseline Program.
- Complete all steps on the Medical Baseline application, except for medical practitioner Step 5, Section 3 (NOTE: Signature by a qualified medical practitioner is not required at this time.)
- Mail the completed application to the address located at the bottom of the form
- At your one-year anniversary on the medical baseline program you will need to re-certify. Prior to the 1 year re-certify, PG&E will send reminder notifications to enrolled customers including updates about whether a qualified medical practitioner signature will be needed to re-certify.
The Medical Baseline Program, also known as Medical Baseline Allowance, is an assistance program for residential customers who have special energy needs due to qualifying medical conditions. The program includes two different kinds of help:
- A lower rate on your monthly energy bill
- Extra notifications in advance of a Public Safety Power Shutoff
All residential customers receive an allotment of energy every month at the lowest price available on their rate. This is called the Baseline Allowance.
Customers who are eligible for Medical Baseline receive an additional allotment of electricity and/or gas per month (approximately 500 kilowatt-hours (kwh) of electricity and/or 25 therms of gas per month). This helps ensure that more energy to support qualifying medical devices is available at a lower rate.
It is important to note that approval of your Medical Baseline Program application still requires you to continue paying your monthly PG&E bill. Nonpayment can result in the disconnection of your utility 服务.
In the interest of safety, PG&E may need to turn off power to communities served by electric lines in or running through high fire-threat areas when gusty winds and dry conditions, combined with a heightened fire risk, threaten a portion of the electric system. This is called a Public Safety Power Shutoff.
Extreme weather threats can change quickly. Our goal, dependent on weather, is to send customer alerts at 48 hours, 24 hours and just prior to shutting off power. We will do so through automated calls, texts and 邮箱s. Notifications are sent by phone, text and 邮箱.
Medical Baseline customers may receive extra notifications as part of this outreach which may include additional phone calls or a door knock to ensure they're aware and can make preparations to stay safe. It is important that Medical Baseline customers acknowledge receipt of a notification by answering the phone and speaking or replying to the text message.
Learn 更多 关于 wildfire safety
Resources for individuals with access and functional needs
To qualify, a full-time resident in your 主页 must have a qualifying medical condition and/or require use of a qualifying medical device to treat ongoing medical conditions.
Some examples of qualifying medical conditions include:
- Paraplegic, hemiplegic or quadriplegic condition
- Multiple sclerosis with special heating and/or cooling needs
- Scleroderma with special heating needs
- Life-threatening illness or compromised immune system, and special heating and/or cooling are needed to sustain life or prevent medical deterioration
- Asthma and/or sleep apnea
And, some examples of qualifying medical devices include:
- Motorized wheelchair/scooter
- IPPB or CPAP machines
- Respirator (all types)
- Hemodialysis machine
- Iron lung
Complete the following steps to apply for the Medical Baseline Program.
- Medical Baseline Allowance Application (PDF, 171 KB)
- Solicitud de Extensión De La Tarifa Básica Por Razones Médicas (PDF, 181 KB)
- 醫療能源輔助計劃申請表 (632 KB)
- Medical Baseline 프로그램 신청서 (201 KB)
- Aplikasyon ng Programa sa Medical Baseline (484 KB)
- Đơn Xin Tham Gia Chương Trình Medical Baseline (952 KB)
- Заявление на участие в программе (500 KB)
Make sure Step 5 of your application has been filled out to the best of your ability. NOTE: Signature by a qualified medical practitioner is not required at this time (Section 3) due to COVID-19 shelter-in-place requirements and changing medical practitioner priorities.
Mail your completed application to:
Attention: Medical Baseline
P.O. Box 8329
Stockton, CA 95208
Hard of Hearing customers with Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf (TDDs) may call California Relay Service at 7-1-1.
Please note: Eligibility for Medical Baseline is based on medical conditions or needs, NOT on income.
Set your contact preference online for how you would like to be notified in the event of a planned or unplanned service outage affecting your residence. Visit Medical Baseline/Life Support 联系 Preference.
When your application is approved, you’ll begin receiving your additional Medical Baseline quantities of approximately 500 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity and/or 25 therms of gas per month.
Download and print an application.
Available ang paglalarawan ng audio at transcript para sa video na ito: